*Tested on Red Hat Linux 8
- Launch WebUI and from navigation ribbon select Help-> Download
2. On the dowload interface, select Linux
3. Navigate to the Linux directory, and choose the latest version from the list of rpms.
4. Once you select rpm it will download to Downloads folder location specified by browser
5. scp/sftp rpm file to Linux server
6. Install the rpm as root or sudo
rpm -i snowflake-snowsql-1.2.20-1.x86_64.rpm
7. As non root user confirm snowsql installed
which snowsql /usr/bin/snowsql snowsql -v Version: 1.2.20
8. Update the config file used by snowsql for a log directory that is writable other wise may get below error
Failed to initialize log. No logging is enabled: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '<path>/snowsql_rt.log'
This config files is created in the users home directory/.snowsql/config
vi ~/.snowsql/config change: log_file = ../snowsql_rt.log to: log_file = ./snowsql_rt.log
snowsql -a AB99999.eu-west-2.aws -u PSAMMY